- Ethnic Communities
- Language Line
- Community directory
Collection, storage and use
2. No need to disclose personal information
The Site can be viewed and its web feeds can be subscribed to without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
3. Your disclosure of personal information
You may decide to disclose personal information to us by providing identifying information when:
- seeking information from or via the Site;
- providing feedback on the Site or our organisation; or
- disclosing personal information to us by providing identifying information for the Site's community directory.
This information will be viewable by certain members of our staff and, in the case of the community directory, the public.
4. Holding of information
Personal information that you provide will be held by the Department of Internal Affairs.
5. Use of personal information
We will only use personal information provided to us for the following purposes:
- to provide services offered by this Site;
- to enable users to collaborate and share information;
- to administer and evaluate this Site;
- to improve our ;services
- to communicate with users of the Site; and
- to send you news of activities within the Office of Ethnic Affairs and about things happening within ethnic communities.
Statistical information and cookies
6. Statistical information
We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us analyse usage of, and improve, the Site. This information includes:
- users' IP addresses;
- users' search terms;
- pages accessed on the Site;
- links that are clicked on;
- date and time of Site visits;
- previous visited site;
- users' operating systems; amd
- browsers used when accessing the Site.
Records and disclosure statement
8. Public Records, Official Information and Parliament
Personal and other information disclosed to us on or via the Site may constitute public records and be retained to the extent required by the Public Records Act 2005. We may also be required to disclose such information under the Official Information Act 1982 or to a Parliamentary Select Committee or Parliament in response to a Parliamentary Question.
Rights of access and correction.
9. Your rights
You have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to us in connection with your use of this Site. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that we have stored, or to request correction of such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us by any of the means set out below. We may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
The Privacy Office
Department of Internal Affairs
PO Box 805
10. Privacy Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10-094
Wellington, New Zealand
Phone: +64-4-474 7590
Enquiries Line (from Auckland): 302 8655
Enquiries Line (from outside Auckland): 0800 803 909
Fax: +64-4-474 7595